Monday, December 1, 2008

Raise your hand, If You Believe in Fate!

This year the Whittier California stake of Zion celebrates its fiftieth anniversary! In honor of this celebration, each family in our stake (and the singles too) was asked to come down and have a professional family photograph taken. Each person or family then got two pictures taken of them. One of the photos was then placed in a beautiful pictorial directory. Everyone also received a free 8x10 to have for themselves.
The pictures for the 2008-2009 directory were taken earlier this year. Yesterday at church, we finally got the final product and it is beautiful! Each person who got their picture taken, got to have their own color directory for free. They are SO NICE! When the Robbins family got their family photograph taken, I got to be in one of the one they took (and bought) they took a few, then Jon’s day, (Phillip) Said “Jonny, why don’t you bring Candice in here.” It was cool, I really liked it, and it made me feel like I was already a part of the family. =)
It was funny because, by the time I had gone to have my family photo with Grandma; the photographer laughed and said, “boy, I have seen you around a lot!’ By this time I had, had my pictures taken twice. His reaction was great! =-D
Jonathan and I were looking through the directory and we had to smile, because our photos were right next to each other in the Mar Vista singles ward section of the book. When I went to Bishop Smith and asked him for my membership record number; he commented on how our info was all right next to each other in his big book as well. He gave a little chuckle when he noticed that. Now every time I ask him to look something up, he comments on it in some way. I like it, I think it’s cute and it makes me feel good!
Now is it fate, coincidence, luck, or divine intervention, that alphabetically our last names are right together; and that we ended up wanting to be together forever? One may never know the true answer to this question lol. All I know for sure, is that our Fatter in Heaven definitely had a hand in bringing Jonathan and I together!













3 comments:

Palmyra said...

I'm so happy for you Candice!

Amy said...

FATE!!!!!!

Sunnie said...

you look so pretty in the pic! i love your shirt. and love seeing gma!