Saturday, December 27, 2008

METALLICA!!!!!!!!!


Ok for those of you who know me, I love my music and wont be caught without it anywhere i go. This is my first concert experience and it was so good, I think im going to turn into a concert junkie :-)


All of you know that I went to a Metallica concert on the 15th of this month. Candice was woried the whole time I was gone. I took my two brothers, craig and spencer with me to the concert, we also took craigs friend Jonathan. The concert started at 7:00 PM and we knew there was going to be traffic, so we left at 4:00, 3 hours early. The drive to San Diego was a long one and there wasn't much traffic untill we got closer to the concert arena. We got to the off ramp and there were tons of cars and people waiting to get into the concert. It took us 45 minutes to go 1/2 a mile into the concert parking area. I was excited about the show so i wasn't stressing about the traffic. So we get into the concert and there are people everywhere, the arena was pretty big and i couldnt even guess how many people it could hold.



The opening act was a band called Lamb of God, the lead singer comes out and introduces there band, everyone starts to scream. The speakers start to sing into my ear drums and im blown away with the intence sounds coming from the stage. My heart immediatly starts to beat faster as the thud of the base gets stronger. Wow i said, "this is cool", the lead singer starts to sing and run around the stage, the guitarist is at the bottom left corner head banging with his long hair. The drummer is just going down on the drums like no other. Me heart fills with excitement as the show goes on. Lamb of God sung about 7 or 8 songs, they where loud and they put on a good show. The band finishes off with a drum solo, than the drummer threw his sticks into the crowd of people behind him. The band leaves and all these people come out and remove equipment from the stage, they also set up the stuff for the next show.








Metallica enters stage



Here they are, first act to the start of a long and exciting show.


They start off with a crazy lazer show, I was trippin out because these lazers where everywhere. they had a fog machine going too, so you can imagine how it must have looked in there. Spencer my brother was rocking out, and the band wasnt even on the stage yet, but a song was being played while the lazer show was commencing.

I dont care what anyone says about matallica they are one of my many favorites. There music is heavy metal, but they aren't all about screaming at the top of their lungs and singing so you can't hear what they are saying. Craig looks over at me and punches me on the arm and he says "HELL YA"

Metallica played about 12-15 songs that night, they played some from their new album "Death Magnetic" they also played all of their classic and original big hit songs from all of their albums.







There where lots of people there as you can see, there where a couple of mosh pits to the left and the right of the stage, people where head banging and running around smashing into each other. I said to craig, "next time we come to a concert I want floor access" of course he agreed with me because he wanted to go down to the pit and throw some people around, if you dont know my brother is 6' 6'' tall and he is built like me, BIG.


The band played sandman, one of my alltime favorites, they also played, "One" from their album "and justice for all" that got the crowd cheering and screaming and head banging. There where these people in front of us that where smoking pot, they just lit joint after joint, I almost couldn't believe that this kind of thing would be going on, but that i realized, Im at a frickin concert, of course people are going to bring drugs in with them, durr.



If anyone knows metallica, than they know that the band does allot of solos, this is a guitar solo played by the one and only "Kirk Hammett" He sure does know how to rock and roll all over that guitar, WOW talk about a show.



At the end of the show the band wanted to see all of San Diego, so they turned the lights off of them and put them on us, it was awesome the last song, so i thought, the band came back for a second time and said you want one more song, and of cours we all screamed yes, so they played a song from their album "ride the lighting" and it was called "fight fire with fire" the crowd roared as they played this last and final song.


The concert ended and it was an experience i will never forget. Metallica sure does put on a good show, so i beleive i got my 150$ worth out of this concert. As we were heading back to the car there where all these guys selling concert T-shirts, I had to get one, It was only 10 dollers 75% cheaper than inside the concert, can you believe that. The drive home was long, and i started to fall asleep, I pulled over and let craig drive the last 40 miles. We took jonathan home first and than I took craig home. Spencer and me didn't get back home until 3:00 AM this wasn't too good, cause than i had to go to work at 5:30, I would't take the day off from work because i need the money for our wedding and new life together. I love candice and I cant wait to take her to the Temple and marry her for time and all eternity, that will truly be one of the best days of my life on this earth.


Well thats about it, I made it back from the concert safely and with not too much ringing in my ears, but my neck hurt quite a bit, Guess there was too much head banging going around in the concert :-) its contageous.

1 comment:

Mrs. C. Robbins said...

These concert pictures look so good, on our blog!!

I know that this experience meant a lot to you. You told about the concert in such detail. You are a great story
teller!!!

Now It's written down; so I'm SURE you never will forget about your first conceret! isn't bloging fun?? :-D