Thursday, December 18, 2008

Oh Tannenbaum, Please Fill my mind with Christmas Memories!

Okay so, I am going to try and put the events of this past week in chronological order. Let’s hope I can do it in a way that makes sense, in a cohesive manner. Here goes! :-)

Last Saturday, the Migdat family came over to put up the Christmas lights on our house Jonathan was here too, but he decided the three boys on the roof was enough; so while Tyler, Mikey, and Matthew were doing that, we took Dunddle for a walk. It was a very windy day on that day! When we got back from our walk, we stayed outside to oversee the rest of the light hanging. (and to make sure that no one slipped off the roof because of the crazy wind.) Grandma was very nice and served everyone pizza and root-beer for lunch! That was her way of saying thank you, for all the help. It was a nice day all around.

On Monday, Jonathan went to a Metallica concert with his brothers Craig and Spencer. They went all the way to San Diego to see them play. Metallica is one of Jonathan’s favorite bands and this was his VERY FIRST CONCERT EVER! This trip had been planed since the summertime; he had been DIEING to go the whole time.
I on the other had was worried SICK, because I was smart enough to know that there would be major alcohol and drug use at a concert like this! (There definitely was) All I WANTED was for all of them to come back, well, whole, and of sound mind! I knew that they could not help but pick up the “sent” of a few drugs, when so many people are using drugs around them. :-/

To try to help keep my mind off of the environment Jonathan and his brothers would soon find themselves in, Grandma and I decided to occupy our time by decorating our Christmas-tree! :-} We listened to Christmas songs as we decorated. As we did, I kept asking the Lord to fill my mind with memories of Christmas past, so that some of the worry would leave my mind. It worked for part of the time, and I think the tree looks GREAT! We got a beautifully full and gorgeous tree this year. Thank you, Jill and Scott for picking it for us! In the end, the boys came back from the concert with NO voices and completely WARN OUT, but they were SAFE! It sound to me like they all had a Blast!! Jonathan came home and said “…I definitely got my money’s worth, that’s for sure!” :-D

On Tuesday of this week, Marina and the boys dropped in to visit with us. It was so NICE to see them. They are both SO Big now! Teague is 3 years old and Corin (Cory) is 20 months. The first thing Teague said to me when he saw me was “Hi Auntie! I Teague, I big and strong now!" (With a HUGE smile and showing me his muscles) and when Cory saw me he said with his arms out, “I superman!” My little nephews are so adorable! I love them so much!! Teague was being my little “helper boy” that day, and Corin is just a doll with his big eyes and cute little face. I am so glad they are living here in California now, I will get to spend a lot more time with those little guys. They're growing up to be such talkative, fun loving, well mannered (lots of please and thank you) little boys! Marina, Kate, Teague, and Corry will be spending Christmas eve/morning at our house again this year. It will make it so much fun to have them all here. That makes me Very Happy! :-D

Teaue is seated on my lap & Corin seated at my feet.

SMILE nice for G.G. Boys!

2 comments:

Jessio said...

Candice, I'm SO SO SO excited for you! You're so wonderful and you deserve all the happiest things in life!

Amy said...

That was a good update! I love your beautiful tree. I forgot you tagged me! I better get working on that!!!