Monday, November 3, 2008

Who Stole the Candy from the Candy Bowl?

Halloween was quite fun for me this year. I usually stay home and help Grams pass out candy to all the little trick or treat Monsters, Goats, witches, goblins, and other fantasy characters that come in search of something sweet. I was never one for going out to trick or treat myself. I don’t like any kind of candy or sweets all that much, so when we were young my brother and I would go out trick or treating together and we would make a deal every year; as long as I got some of the Reese’s, he could have all the rest of the candy in both of our candy bags. This arrangement work out fine for all the years I can remember. Later on down the road, I became the designated candy passer outer person in our house. While my brother still tried to go trick or treating at way past 18! Some people will always be kids at heart.
This year Jonathan and I passed out candy, at the stake trunk or treat party. It was actually very enjoyable. We both think it is great that the stake has that party every year! There is food, fun and games. It is an awesome way to make sure that all the little kids (and big ones too) have a fun and SAFE Halloween. We passed out candy at the car, got to see all the kids in their costumes, ate yummy hot-dogs, took fun pictures, played around, and got to talk with some friends we hadn’t seen in a while. It was lots of fun! Some of the parents get very creative with their children’s costumes. Let me tell you! There was the cutest little kid dressed up as a picnic-table, with food on it. SO adorable! I WISH I had a picture of it to show, but I don’t.
This year, Jon dressed as a “punker” along with his cousin Skyler. Spencer (Jonathan’s little brother) dressed as a vampire, and little ol’ me? Well, I was a princess of course!! (Very original costumes, I know) AWW, the punker and the princess, PERFECT MATCH! LOL!!
Okay, so I have to tell you all something. This Year we had a Candy Thief! When Grandma returned home from visiting Amy and the kids at Jill’s house; all the candy she was going to pass out was GONE! She had no candy to give to the trick or treaters in our neighborhood. Someone came in the house and took it all!
Alright!! ALRIGHT! So I admit it, the candy bowl thief was me. Grandma and I had a huge misunderstanding. I thought that because I wasn’t going to be here, she wasn’t going to pass out candy after all. I thought she was going to spend the whole evening visiting with Jill, Amy and the kids; I didn’t think she wanted to be alone. I thought that she wanted me to take it to the party, and pass it out there. We needed more candy to pass out, so we came back to my house and got it. Grandma, I TRULY am SORRY for the Halloween mishap! Next year you won’t have to turn out the lights, and pretend you are not home! We will buy our own candy to take with us. SORRY, SORRY, SORRY!
Hey, at least it went to a good cause. The candy made a lot of little kids happy and Jonathan and I had a fun night together!



Amy, Cambria, and Kiera!



The "Punker" and his Princess


Skyler & Spncer





Sexy Scary man!




"What up?!"





2 comments:

Sunnie said...

so fun! i love how your blog looks. and i'm sure grams was okay even though the candy was gone. amy's girlies look so cute!

Amy said...

ah, man - I so should have sucked in my belly in that picture of me and the girls!!
The punker and the princess - too cute!

I thought you were serious about the candy thief!