Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Plans to Carry on Our Polar Tradition :-D

For my first Relief Society activity as enrichment leader, we are doing a Christmas dinner and a short program. We are going to socialize as Sisters, have yummy food, a little music, and then I am going to share the story of “The Polar Express;” with a spiritual twist at the end.
It is one of my family traditions, to read this story every year. I can remember many a Christmas season, spent sitting by the fire in our P.J’S and listening to the narration of “The Polar Express; while drinking hot coco and looking at the book, with Mom, Grandma and Drew. This has been one of the many traditions’ our family has had, which has meant a lot to me throughout the years. Reading this story was/is always a reminder to “hold on” to the SPIRIT of Christmas all of your life, no matter how old you become. This is something my Mother has always shared with us every Christmas season; “You should never, ever, loose the Christmas spirit…It’s what makes this season special...after all I still believe in Santa!!”
I couldn’t find our copy of “The Polar Express” to share with everyone, so I called Borders bookstore and got a new copy. This actually made me beyond excited, because now I have my own copy of the story that I can take with me; and share with my own family! Now as I embark on the new adventure with my Husband of raising family of our own, we can share with them the many seasonal traditions’ we have each taken part in and enjoyed throughout our lives; as well as create many of our own!
I am Ecstatic to share the holiday season, its many traditions’ and life and ALL it has to offer (the ups and the downs) with my future husband. (and our future sons and daughters)
Along with many other things my family has taught me, I hope to give our children a love for the holiday season and the togetherness it brings. I also hope to instill a love and understanding of the TRUE meaning of Christmas in our children. Much as my parents have given me.
THANKS MOM AND GRANDMA!
(the book is way better than the movie, by far!!)

1 comment:

Sunnie said...

i sure love christmas time. it just makes me so happy!