Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Double Dates and Tunnel Vision


Shortly After I received my endowment, I gave a talk in church about going to the temple. As I was speaking, I looked up and could see that a "new guy" that had started coming to the Mar Vista Ward; was staring at me and listing very intently to my words. Every time I looked up, I could feel his eyes on me! After the meeting, He came up to me (Long Hair, Big Beard and all) Shook my hand and thanked me for my beautiful Talk. I can remember he held my hand SO tight! He did not let go until I looked down at my hand. I can also remember this same guy from when I WAS waiting to go into the Bishop's office. A few of us were standing outside his door chatting. Then this guy starts taking about how full beards keep you warm and cosy and are very soft! He kept telling me to touch his face. I finally did, ....ewww! I hate Full Beards! a week or so later, my Friend Amy calls me and says "you have a date on Saturday, we are going to double up, because I don't want to go alone! Jon is bringing his cousin Skyler along for you" I didn't really want to go, but something told me to so I did. To make a very long story much shorter, Jonathan and I ended up being the ones who hit it off really well! We talked the whole night, and all of his attention was totally focused on me! hehehe! We had great conversation, but after going home that night thinking they both were lame because us girls had to pay for our food; the spirit prompted me to give Jonathan another chance. (I Had a hard time understanding why exactly) Which I did. We went out a few more times (alone) and had a blast! We became an item in January and have been together ever since. I truly feel, that because I had now stepped up, and was doing what was right, the Lord saw it fit to bless me with one of my greatest desires; to love and be truly loved in return.

No comments: