Wednesday, February 25, 2009

An E.M.T. Helping Save The World One Live at a time!

As many of you know already, Jonathan started his E.M.T. course on February 3rd. He is taking a night course from the local Tri-cities R.O.P; here in our area. His class runs from 5:00-9:00 pm, Tuesday through Thursday. His work schedule at Pool Chlor is nice. On average he works from 4; 00 am-12 noon. (Often times he gets off sooner. Half a day’s work, for full time pay) this schedule allows him to continue his education and further his career; Thus bettering his chances of making more money, and making our life easier.

Jonathan has chosen to enter into the medical field, because he LOVES HELPING People, he is the type that needs to be up and about to keep his mind occupied, and (he cannot sit still. He becomes very board) the medical field offers a ton of different opportunities and aspects to choose from, the job security is there because there are always going to be people in need of medical assistance, and there is always something new to learn. I know that the fact that he is always learning something new is one of the things he enjoys most about the field he has chosen. By nature, Jonathan is a Very Helpful and kind person. I know that this is part of what drew him in to the medical profession as well.

He is doing very well in this class. He is getting high scores on his test and quizzes. He is always one of the first to volunteer when it comes to presenting and practicing a new skill. I can tell he is really enjoying it, because he calls me every night on his break; to tell me what he has learned that night. I know he is having a lot of fun and learning a lot about the human body, which he never knew before.


This R.O.P. Emergency Medical Technician class, that Jonathan is taking is, very condensed and moves very quickly! Jon has to learn everything there is to know in the book, in just 5 short months; which means that his teacher covers like two chapters a week. Plus they take time to learn the various medical skills the students will need as on the job E.M.T’s. That’s a lot of hard work! Despite being a little overwhelmed at times and having to SQUEEZE nightly study into his already busy life. Jonny-bug is doing fantastically well at keeping up and retaining the information which he has learned. I think it helps him to know that, I am always here to lend a helping hand. A study partner :-) often, Jonathan is amazed at how much I know about the stuff he is learning. “Wow, you sure do know a lot about the human body baby!”

As part of his training, Jonathan will soon begin an internship at our local hospital. This will put his new found knowledge and skills to the test. When he completes his E.M.T. course, he will be able to get a job making about $9.50 an hour. When it comes to the job of an emergency tech, they say that overtime is where the Real Money is at. Jonny does not want to stop his medical training by just becoming and E.M.T. He only sees his Emergency technician training, as a way to get his foot in the door of the health care field. He is not going to stop climbing the latter of opportunity. Every person in the medical field has had some sort of E.M.T. training, this is only the beginning.

At the completion of this course my Bug is thinking about going on to become a Nurse, but he is still somewhat unsure of where to go quite yet. I think it all depends on what types of job opportunities he finds after this course. It also depends on what type of job will best fit our lifestyle and our needs.

I don’t care what career path Jonathan takes, as long as he loves what he is doing, he is truly happy, and it will work with our families unique needs. I will always strive to be a supportive wife in whatever he chooses to become. I believe it takes a special kind of person to work in the medical field. I am so proud to know that my man wants to help people every day. I am also honored and proud to know that my Husband wishes to spend his life, changing and saving the lives of others! I LOVE HIM! :-)


PS. HIS NEW UNIFORM MAKES HIM LOOK SO HOT! I L-O-V-E IT!!!

3 comments:

Scott and Christie said...

Thanks for the comment, yes I recommend not going to Mexico for honeymoon =)

Our address is 750 Stone Harbor Circle La Habra CA 90631

Let me know if you need help with anything!

Jessio said...

Jonathon has such a big heart, doesn't he? It's kind of fun to write about the great things your man is doing, huh? I like to write about Paul too because I want everyone to be as proud of him as I am! I hope Jon keeps doing well- and you too, Sis!

Amy said...

Go get 'em tiger!