Monday, October 20, 2008

Killer goose on the loose!


On Saturday Jonathan and I went to the ducky park in La Mirada. We both like to be outdoors, so this activity makes for an inexpensive fun/enjoyable date. I love to walk the park. It gives us a change of scenery and more uninterrupted time to talk with each other. I also like to stop and feed the ducks in the lake; we like to bring a loaf of bread from the 99 cent only store, to feed the little guys. Right when we take a seat, they all come swarming around us, because they all know whats coming. As soon as you take out a piece of bread from the bag, it is like a Mega Feeding Frenzy! It is hard to tell what has hit you right away. I swear, the animals act like they have never seen, let alone eaten food a day in their lives! Sometimes the ducks will fight each other for one little piece of bread. In fact, the last time we went two of the ducks were fighting, chasing, and trying to drowned each other; over some food and a female.
Ducks are NOT the only animals at the La Mirada Park! There are also Geese! The geese will come right up to you, honking and fighting for food as well. Sometimes the geese get more then a little too close for comfort, in my opinion. Everyone knows that I am very picky, about who I let into my "bubble." To me, geese are loud, honking, space invaders, that will do anything to get your attention; including bite!
I don't mind feeding most of the geese, as long as they keep their distance. Jonathan helps keep them at bay, by walking towards them and pushing them back. Most of them behave themselves. There is this one male goose who I call killer. We think he is the alpha male. The last time we went to the park, he was quite mean! We think, he thought that we were moving in on his territory and stuff. He started hissing, honking, and trying to bit us while getting food. Jonathan almost had to kick him, because he was getting to close to me. He was very aggressive!
This time when we returned on Saturday, we were minding our own business, feeding the other ducks and geese. and I was a little nervous, because they got very close! I was also afraid that killer would come around at any moment. I am scared of hm. The next thing I knew, here he comes running from across the way; Hissing honking, and all! Jon grab me and we had to run, because KILLER WAS CHASING US!!
It was a scary part of the day. Needless to say, I am afraid of all geese!!!! Over all, it was a very fun eventful day. :-)

7 comments:

Rae said...

Wow! That sounded like a really great date until that killer goose part. Good thing you had your knight in shining armor to protect you! :)

Heidi @ Honeybear Lane said...

How scary with the attack of the crazy geese! It's amazing to me how some seemingly harmless animals can just act so beserk. Glad Jonathan was there to protect you!

Leah said...

Your dare sounds so fun and such a good inexpensive idea! I love to go to the park, especially now that I have Alex. Oh my gosh geese scare me to!! I got bit by one when I was a little girl and have been terrified ever since! I'm so glad that killer didn't get you!

Amy said...

ongrats on your anniversary!! And you know that I have an extreme fear og the ducks and geese at La Mirada park. They always chase me too - I think they can smell fear.

Palmyra said...

I once hand fed one of those birds on a date with Caleb, who thought I was very brave. He didn't see me close my eyes. Those things are huge!

Rae said...

Love the new background!

Mrs. C. Robbins said...

For the most part Jonathan was very good at protecting me; but at one point he thought it would be funny to put some bread on each of my Shoes! He got a good laugh….I had to hit him after that. Never fear everyone, we kissed and made up later :)

I love my background too! This one is staying for a while.